Some buyers look out for bulk Electronics in wholesale market for themselves or for institutions like School and Colleges. Some others buy wholesale for resale in retail market after adding value to it by assembling two or more items together like integrating a TV receiver with a cheap flat monitor and selling them as another bundled product. In these situations, the common question to everyone is how you go about finding wholesale Electronics Suppliers.
Various methods of Finding Wholesale Electronics Suppliers:
1. Find local Distributors:
When you think of Wholesale there is much more than just plain Wholesale Distributors; there are warehouse liquidations, factory closeouts, Excess clearance, seconds’ sales, etc. In most Metropolitan cities of USA and Canada you can find a local electronics and networking company that have their own warehouse to stock and resell others’ clearance items. These stores source the clearance stocks from nearby factories and production centers using their contacts, sometimes repack the goods and move them in smaller batches to Electronics stores all over the USA. Safety Technology at Jacksonville, Florida, The Bargain Warehouse at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and Wireless Warehouse USA at Detroit, Michigan are some of such examples of local Electronic Distributors. These stores have their own regular suppliers and buyers whom they cater to. Fry’s Electronics is a chain electronics retail store who also deal with Wholesale supplies, you can find them in many locations of California, Arizona and other southern states.
2. Search for online clearance companies:
Google for “wholesale sourcing” or “electronics wholesale” and you will find thousands of genuine and not-so-genuine online dealers who try to grab excess stock from one place and move it to other parties in smaller lots. Some of the Wholesale Dealers who have online Electronics shops are Evertek Computer Corp (www.evertek.com), Dollar Store Warehouse (www.dollarstorewarehouse.com) and Proveeduria Tiuna North America (provetinaelectronics.com).
3. Bid in eBay and Yahoo Stores
Online distributors who do not have enough resources and infrastructure often resort to sell their stocks as-is in eBay auctions and through their Yahoo Stores. You will find very cheap small items like Web cams, obsolete iPod models, external Hard disks being auctioned in bulk without warranty. Some companies who have the expertise to fix faulty products themselves look for such purchases because it gives them a better bargain than anywhere else.
4. Look further for overseas sellers:
Today most Electronics for USA is made in one of the South East Asian Countries like Taiwan, Hong Kong, China or South Korea. Most of these manufacturing companies produce surplus for various reasons and try to push the excess stock to other distributors. Sometimes they may ship a whole lot of rejected items to unsuspecting buyers too, so be more cautious when you deal with overseas manufacturers and distributors. When Finding Wholesale Electronics Suppliers overseas, try to get as much references and testimonials as possible and check out the references. Best thing would be to call the references and verify about their past buying experiences. There are many China based online wholesale dealers now, but there are many incidents of similar Chinese products that are produced in different qualities for different markets.
Some points to note when you buy Wholesale Electronics:
* Price – shop around and use references to find the right seller at the right price. A wireless mouse which is meant for retail sales can sell for $1.99 a piece and at the same time it can be bulk packed at much lower price than that. Such products are meant only for bulk purchases and not readily available at all wholesale distributors. Also, the price is determined by your volume of purchase, and the type of product you are buying. If you are buying thousands of clearance Digital cameras you shouldn’t be paying the same amount that Circuit City paid for a similar volume with full warranty.
* Availability – this is crucial in Wholesale business. Some products like web cams, keyboards can often be found with all distributors and so they are easy to shop around in bulk. But there are other exclusive products which are hot selling in the market still like the latest iPads which may not be available at all for bulk purchase. Institutional buyers who want to give the latest gadgets as gifts for their employees look for such products, and they may have to shell out the original price and buy from the manufacturer direct in such cases.
* Bargain – unless the distributor is hard pressed with clearance stocks taking up precious warehouse space, they may not lower the prices beyond the wholesale rate. At the same time, if you find the fly-by night operators who just move stocks from one place to another without much investment in warehouse, they may offer better bargains just to close out the deal and move to the next.
American market is more and more retail friendly, it’s much easier to buy a single piece of a specific product than buying in bulk, so finding wholesale Electronics Suppliers is a tricky deal. With the advent of internet and social media, there are various forums, bulletin boards, online malls and online flea markets where you can find other wholesale community members who share their experiences. Remember, wholesale is a different ball game than buying and selling in retail, you are talking only to few suppliers and buyers here; so building trust and persisting in the market will surely pay off on a later date.
Here are some other Wholesale Sourcing sites that I have found for you to browse. Thanks for visiting Sourcing-3.com.